Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Project Conquest

It's been nearly a week since my last post. I'm still recovering from Dumbass Day. I didn't realize how much it took out of me until just today. I started feeling a little less negative about things late this morning.
I can get into a really negative allowing state sometimes. A combination of the right frustrating circumstances seems to be the easiest way to get me there. I'm getting better about recognizing when I'm there, but sometimes it can still take a few days to come out of it.
I began seeing things more positively again today. Good things should start happening soon. Projects we are working on should start moving forward. We're building a car for my soon to be 16 year old son. I have a theory about kids and their first cars.I'll write about that another time. I guess we'll see how it works out pretty soon.
The car we found is a 1988 Turbo Conquest. It's in really nice shape,and has all the cool stuff that was available in 1988. With rear wheel drive, (which is huge in my book), four wheel discs, independant rear suspension, rear anti lock, intercooler, fuel injectiion, leather, and power everything. It's one of the coolest rides available from the late eighties. Made by Mitsubishi, sold by Chrysler, it was limited in production. We haven't seen another one around here in a couple of years.
We pulled the engine and are in the middle of a complete overhaul. We're keeping it basically stock, except for a few minor modifications aimed at curing some of the original designs weak points. I'm very excited about it and can't wait to drive it.
I'll post periodic updates as the project moves forward. I know this wasn't all that entertaining, but maybe it'll get me back into the swing of things. It's getting late, so thats all tonight...out.

1 comment:

Green-Eyed Momster said...

You are such a wonderful father to our children. I think I left that comment on a post that got deleted! I just wanted you to know that he's very lucky to have such a handy dad. The more he knows about his car the better off he'll be in the future!! I'm so lucky to have you both in my life!! Love you, T